Samstag, Februar 26, 2005

New Year - The world is moving closer

My start into the new year couldn't be better, because on January 2 I went on a trip to Trier. It's the oldest city in Germany and in the age of Romans it was second most important after Rome. But what was the reason to go there? The reason was Claudia from Rio de Janeiro. I found her at the internet, 1,5 years ago...I know it was like yesterday and I called her by the wrong name. ... yes, I know you never should do this, because you can be ignored and the line cuts....But she didn't cut this line and the conversation. In our first chat she told me that she already has been in Germany...just few weeks earlier and quite near to the place where I live....because she came from Hamburg and was on the way to Rostock for visiting IGA (...it's an international exposition for gardening) with her friends. It was the start of a wonderful friendship...

...Last year in November I got the message that she's in Germany again visiting her friends in Trier again and to enjoy a German class. So we started to arrange a meeting...my first idea was, driving from Osnabrück (...because I was there for an education of my correspondence course) to Trier...because it's the half way between my hometown Lübz and Trier...but unfortunately, it was the time of first snow here in Germany and I didn't know if the weather becomes better again or worse.

So I had to wait until the end of the year, I couldn't enjoy holidays yet because I was in the trial period of my new job.

I was really exited, how it is to see each other in reality and if we understand each other .... I mean not only langu-age ...wave leingth too.

On January 2, ca. 9:00, I left my home town for driving to Tri-er....750 km for a meeting...How much time would I need? But I was not in hurry...because arriving is most important....and not how much fast.

On the way we already phoned to each other, to notify the places of interstation.

Finally, at 18:00 I arrived to Trier and few minutes there was the great moment of our first meeting in reality. It was really a great moment. I felt so happy and that the world is moving closer.

After the check-in at the hotel we drove with Claudia's friends Michael and Karin to a restaurant for dinner and to know each other a little bit better and what we can do together in Trier and surrounding. It was really a wonderful evening.

On Monday January 3rd did Claudia show me the city and the most famous places of Trier as: Gate Porta Nigra, Minster of Trier, Amphytheatre of Trier, Bath "Kaisertherme", ...and we also tooked a lot of pictures.

On Tuesday January 4th after showing me a place where I can have a wonderful view to Trier, we enjoyed a short trip to Luxemburg...It was so fantastic and we had a lot of fun there...I can't find words enough to describe this. The weather was fantastic too because in the morning it didn't seem so.

After arriving back to Trier in the evening it was time to say good bye again. I felt sad because the time was a little bit to short, but we promised to see each other again in summer. I'm so glad that we are friends in reality now. ...and you can be assured, I would do such travel for a meeting each time again. :)

If you want to enjoy the pictures, please visit my
"Fotolog" or my "Flickr"

Keine Kommentare: